Current Stock (08/21):
Currently we have the new midnight blue color available in all sizes. Due to shortage of bicycle parts, Pricing has been changing weekly.
We build using 3 different SRAM Drivetrain Kits. We use NX Eagle, GX Eagle, and AXS XX Eagle depending on what level of Fat Bike you would like.
We several different wheel sizes depending on what type of experience you are looking to build up. Most common is a 26x4.0 but we also do 27.5x4.0 and 27.5x3.0 builds.
Have any other questions? Give us a call! We would love to walk you through our line-up of Borealis Fat Bikes.
Since 2013, Borealis has specialized in lightweight carbon fiber fat bikes. The tried and true Crestone is our flagship model, weighing under 30 pounds with standard options. Its frame geometry is optimized for riding in snow and sand with clearance for up to 5” wide tires. Paired with the most technically advanced components in the industry, the Crestone sets the standard for premium quality carbon fiber fat bikes.
- Frame geometry provides responsive and nimble handling for variable conditions in snow or sand.
- Standard features include: Eagle NX 12-Speed drivetrain, rigid carbon fork, carbon handlebars, carbon seat post, durable Mulefut rims and internally routed cables.
- Tire clearance up to 26x5” and 27.5x4.5”.
- Compatibility for 100-120mm of suspension travel for more technical riding.
- Lightweight, durable carbon fiber frame comes with 3 bottle cage mounts and lizard skin protectors on both the down tube and drive-side chain stay.
- Rockshox Bluto Fork tire size limitations: 26x5” or 27.5x4”
- Mastodon Pro EXT Fork tire size limitations: 26x5” or 27.5x4.5”
- Borealis Rigid Carbon Fork tire size limitations: 26x5” or 27.5x4.5”
- Dually 29x45 and 27.5x45 Rims – Max tire width: 3”
- All rims 65mm to 85mm wide are compatible with tire widths of 3.8” to 5”
- HED Carbon 100mm Rims – Max tire width of 4.6”
|Eagle NX||Eagle GX||Eagle XX|
|Crankset||SRAM Eagle NX||SRAM Eagle GX||SRAM Eagle XX|
|Crank Arms||175mm Alloy||175 Alloy||175 Carbon|
|Rear Derailleur||RD ENX 1 x 12||RD EGX 1 x 12||RD EXX 1 x 12|
|Chain||KMC X12||KMC X12||SRAM X12 Gold|
|Cassette||PG 1230 11-50||XG 1275 10-50||XG 1299 10-50 Gold|
|Shifters||SRAM ENX||SRAM EGX||SRAM EXX|
|Brakes||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select|
|Chain Ring||30 Tooth|
|Frame||Borealis Crestone Carbon|
|Fork||Borealis Carbon Rigid Fork or RL Bluto, Mastodon Pro Ext.|
|Hubs||Borealis: Front 15×150 Rear 12×197|
|Nipples||Wheelsmith Silver Brass|
|Bar||Borealis Carbon Bar (35mm)|
|Stem||Borealis 50mm or 70mm|
|Post||Borealis Carbon Seatpost (31.6mm)|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB 100mm|
|DT/CS Protector||Lizard Skins|
|Weight||See weight calculator for exact weight.|
Stack and Reach are the fundamental fit elements, they are both measured relative to the bottom bracket. When choosing the Borealis that is right for you, it’s important to find a balance in these measurements to ensure the best performance.
|Effective Top Tube||23.02 in||24.01 in||24.67 in||25.59 in||585 mm||610 mm||626.6 mm||650 mm|
|Seat Tube Center to Top||15.04 in||17.01 in||19.06 in||21.02 in||381 mm||432 mm||484 mm||534 mm|
|Head Tube||4.13 in||4.72 in||5.31 in||5.91 in||105 mm||120 mm||135 mm||150 mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg|
|Head Tube Angle||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg|
|Standover Height||Due to various rim and tire options stand over is not identified.|
|Chainstay||18.07 in||18.07 in||18.07 in||18.07 in||459 mm||459 mm||459 mm||459 mm|
|BB Drop||2.36 in||2.36 in||2.36 in||2.36 in||60 mm||60 mm||60 mm||60 mm|
|Reach||16.04 in||16.65 in||17.22 in||17.76 in||407.3 mm||423 mm||437.5 mm||451.2 mm|
|Stack||23.50 in||24.05 in||24.61 in||25.16 in||597 mm||610.9 mm||625 mm||639.1 mm|